Monday, February 24, 2014

Weekly review

I had an interesting running week.  Tuesday was supposed to be a track workout with the running group.  It was 28 minutes with one walk break in the middle.  However, there was still snow on the track so the coaches decided we would walk to a nearby elementary school and run around the parking lot.  Great!  Except the the parking lot was on a hill and the repeated hill climbs were very tough. After a bit I just gave up and walked on the uphill portions  and ran the downhills.  I also had a hard time breathing and kept coughing afterward.

You can see the hills and my progressive slow down.

I skipped my strength training on Wednesday but ran on the treadmill at work on Thursday.  I was determined to have a good run to make up for the bad run on Tuesday and thankfully I did.  It was 6 intervals of 5 minutes running and 1 minute walking. I felt good afterward and didn't have any problems coughing or breathing.


Saturday was another group run and it went really well.  It was a beautiful morning, around 35 degrees when we started but up to 50 degrees by the time I drove home.  We were doing 6 intervals of 8 minutes running and 1 minute walking.  I was a little worried about this but was able to do the running sections with no problems at all!
The average pace is a little deceptive as you can see if you look at the splits.
The first mile included our 5 minute warm up walk.  And we got stuck for several minutes due to some traffic near the end as evidenced by the 34 minutes per mile.  Without the delay, it was probably more around 14:30 or so.

Sunday, I was feeling a little congested and under the weather so I was thinking I might skip strength training again.  Mike and I did take a 30 minute walk around the neighborhood.  However, I was feeling better by the evening so did do a strength training routine from Fitocracy.  

So overall, it was a good week and a great weekend!  I hope you guys had a good weekend too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment