Thursday, May 22, 2014

Liebster Award Q&A #2

Thank you so much to Lauren from the Sister to Sister Running Blog for nominating me for my 2nd Liebster award. If you haven't checked out the blog, you definitely should!  It's a cool collaboration between two sisters and a great read.

If you don't know about the Liebster Award, here's a description:

The Liebster Award is an online award by bloggers for bloggers. It helps to generate attention for new and upcoming bloggers, generally those with 200 followers or less.
The Liebster Award Rules
1.) You must link back to the person who nominated you
2.) You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3.) You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award (with a small following)
4.) You must create 10 questions for your nominees
5.) You must go to their blogs and notify the nominees

Now, onto the questions!

1. When/what was your first race? My first race was the Susan G. Komen 5k in DC more than 10 years ago.  A friend wanted to do it and asked me to do it with her.  It was a one and done type of thing and I didn't do another race until the Color In Motin 5k last September.

2. What is the coolest swag and or bling you have received at a race? So far my favorite is the tech shirt I got at the Semper Fi 5k earlier this month.  Though I also love the water bottle from volunteering at the Nike Women's Half in DC earlier this year.



3. What is your favorite distance to run? So far, I've only run 5ks but my first 10k is coming up in June so maybe this answer will be changing soon :)

4. What is your favorite quote or phrase to keep you motivated to run? One of the most inspirational books about running I've read is Running Like A Girl by Alexandra Heminsley.  Here's one of my favorite quotes from the book. "Once you have taught yourself that running isn't about breaking boundaries you thought you could never smash, and realized that it is about discovering those boundaries were never there in the first place, you can apply it to anything."  I reviewed the book earlier this year and definitely recommend it to anyone.  It's a great read even if you're not interested in running.

5. If you could run anywhere in the world, where would you pick? I'm not sure of the specific location but it would definitely involve the beach somewhere.

6. What has been your favorite and least favorite race? Why? My least favorite was the Living Social 5k Dance Party last year. It just seemed poorly organized and also didn't have a lot of energy that I would have expected.  My favorite so far was the Semper Fi 5k because of the great energy, the wonderful organization, the good cause, and of course the PR.



7. Do you prefer running alone or in a group? They both have their charm so I like to make sure I have both in a week.

8. How did you come up with the name for your blog? Ha, I'm not even sure! I had a hard time coming up with a name but I knew that I wanted to keep my eye on enjoying my journey into a healthier lifestyle so that the change would be sustainable.

9. Have you participated in any other competitive events besides running races? (Tough Mudder, Triathalon, Etc.) Nope, one step at a time :)

10. What are your goals in terms of running/races for this year? I'm concentrating on increase my distance this year.  I started with a 5k on New Year's Day and am planning of my first half marathon in November.


Starting the year right with a New Year's Day 5k.

Thanks again for the nomination, Lauren!  I had fun answering the questions. I've seen the nominations going around and it seems like most of the blogs I read have been nominated at least once, so I'm not nominating anyone else at this point but I reserve the right to change my mind later :)

I hope everyone's week is going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment