Monday, May 19, 2014

Weekly review

The week started out with a little surprise.  I had forgotten that I did a free virtual race as a kick off to the RnR Vegas registration opening up and I got the shirt from them this week.


My week started out slow with the workouts and heavy with the rain. I had a rest day on Monday and Wednesday. I worked out on the elliptical at home because of rain on Tuesday.  I meant to run on the treadmill at work on Thursday but they were all full so more time on the elliptical.


I worked from home on Friday and took an afternoon break to do some Jillian Michaels yoga.  I ran with my running group on Saturday morning and it was a good run. We went with a 7/1 run walk interval. It was early in the morning and it was beautiful weather with temperatures in the 50s.  The only downside is that runkeeper decided to be weird.  You can see the weird tangents in the map below. Mine said 5.6 miles, someone else's said 4.5 miles and the last person's garmin watch said 3.4 miles.  Map my run said it was around 4 miles. That was a little disappointing since I was supposed to 4.5 according to my training plan but hopefully that won't matter too much since I'm supposed to do 5 miles next weekend.


I decided to go for a short run on Sunday too to make up for the ones I missed earlier in the week.  I didn't make it out until the afternoon but the temperatures were not too bad, somewhere in the high 60s, and the path was shaded. It was a beautiful run but I had a hard time breathing and walked more than planned on the last mile.  I think it was because of all the pollen in the air.


I ended the day with some more strength training on Sunday.  So only two runs this past week but two times on the elliptical, one yoga practice and strength training.  I'm pretty happy with that!  The plan for this coming week is to run on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday with strength training on Wednesday and Sunday. Rest days on Monday and Friday.  

I hope that you all had a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment