Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday Five - random things

Yay for Friday! I hoes everyone had a great week and now it's time for the Friday Five link up with the DC trifecta.  Thanks to Cynthia, Courtney, and Mar for hosting.

There is no theme today and I'm a bit all over the place so today's Friday Five will be a random collection of things on my mind.

1.  Part of the reason I'm so glad it's Friday is that I'm working from home today and not going into the office over the weekend either.  There's some construction going on in my office and it's been making it a bit hard to breathe. I hear everyone complaining about head aches and coughs.  My coughing was so bad earlier this week that it impacted my ability to work out and sleep. But it should be over soon.

2.  My first 10k and longest race to date is tomorrow!  I'm super excited. I'm planning to use it as proof of time to hopefully move into an earlier corral for the Tower of Terror 10 miler at Disney World in October. It's supposed to be a flat course so hopefully it will go well.

3. I'm running the 10k with a friend and I'm excited about catching up over brunch after the race.  Usually when I'm running with friends I don't care too much about time and just run enjoy running with the friend. But as mentioned above, I have time goals for tomorrow.  Thankfully, I talked to my friend earlier in the week, told her about my plans to use this race for proof of time, and she very graciously encouraged me to go ahead and do as needed.  I'm thankful for close friends I can talk things out with and have minimal awkwardness.

Yay for running friends!

4. I'm hoping it's not too hot tomorrow.  Aside from the obvious, last year the race was changed from a 10k to a 5k because of the heat.  I definitely don't want that to happen as I'm excited that this race is my first above the 5k distance.  And Disney doesn't allow the use of a 5k for proof of time.

5. So much to do today!  I'm working from home so I have the usual amount of work to do, plus laundry, cleaning, making dinner, and a trip to the bank. I'm trying to get all this done before the evening since the friend I'm doing the race with is coming this evening and spending the night. I love working from home but it does seem to result in more work since I try to do both office work and house work at the same time.

I hope you all have a great weekend ahead of you :) And don't forget about the give away for a three pack of bani band headbands!

No comments:

Post a Comment