Friday, September 26, 2014

Friday Five Fall Favorite Activities

Woohoo, it's Friday and I have less than a week to go until we are at Disney World.  This day next week I'll be picking up my packet for the Tower of Terror 10 miler :) But in the meantime, it is time for the Friday Five link up with Mar, Cynthia, and Courtney. The theme for this week is five favorite fall activities.

I have a love hate relationship with Fall.  I love the slightly cooler weather and declining humidity but I hate that it signals the coming of Winter.  Nevertheless, there are lots of wonderful things about it and here are five of my favorites.

1.  Breaking out the Fall fashion -  Fall fashion is probably my favorite of the year.  I like the light sweaters, boots, and fun scarves without have to go through the full on bundling up that Winter requires.

Not ready for this yet!

2.  Basketball - The Wizards start playing in October and Georgetown starts playing in November.  I love watching basketball and going to games in person when we can.  And last year was the Wizards' first play off run in quite some time so I'm looking forward to them being able to continue that good run this year.

3. Vacation - We almost always take vacation in the Fall.  The weather still tends to be decent in most places, most places aren't as busy because school is back in session, and we have had time to save up some vacation days. We're leaving for this year's vacation next week and we've already begun planning next Fall's vacation.

Our Fall vacation to India a couple years ago.

4. End of season grilling and fire pits - I tend to get desperate to enjoy the last of the good weather in Fall before Winter sets in.  This includes more outdoor cooking and having friends over to relax on our back patio.  And it's a great time to pull out the fire pit as the evenings begin to cool.

5. Walks with the falling leaves - I live in a neighborhood with lots of beautiful trees and they are especially gorgeous in the Fall.  I love walking around and seeing all the colors even if it makes me a little sad to know the trees will soon be bare.

I hope that all of you are having a wonderful Fall so far!


No comments:

Post a Comment