Friday, October 31, 2014

Friday Five - things from the internet

It's Friday and that means it's time for the Friday Five link up with Courtney, Mar and Cynthia.  I love this link up and reading all the posts.  This week I'm sharing five things I've seen recently from around the internet.

1.  Exercising because I love my body - I love this article called "How to Exercise out of Self-Love and Not Due to Fat Shaming." I started out exercising and running because I wanted to lose weight but it has now become such a positive thing in my life.  In so many ways it has put me back in touch with my body when I previously felt disconnected.  And it has helped me love my body, the ways in which it is strong, and the things that it can do. It is definitely something I now due from self-love and I want to make sure that it stays that way.

2.  Inspiration from the back of the pack - April from Run the Great Wide Somewhere shared a link to this wonderful post from a front of the pack runner about how he is inspired by people in the back of the pack.  It was a beautiful piece and I think it really made a lot of people feel better about their place in the running community.  I am a new runner and solidly in the back of the pack.  I will probably always be there.  But I'm ok with that.  Running is not something that comes easy to me and just finishing gives me a sense of accomplishment. I am glad that we're not looked down on by all the speedy runners ahead of us.

3.  New podcast from Zooma - I received an email earlier this week indicating that Zooma was starting a new series of podcasts so I thought I'd give the first one a try.  I really enjoyed it so if anyone is looking for a new podcast, this is a good one to try.

4. Zelle from Runner's World - One of the interviews on the Zooma podcast was with Elizabeth Comeau from Runner's World.  She is the editor of a new website from Runner's World, called Zelle,  which is aimed toward women runners.  There are a lot of cool articles on there already but I loved their piece about their opinion on photoshop.  They have indicated that they won't photoshop photos of their models.  I mean, they will still edit the photo for cropping, etc. but they won't touch up the women themselves.  The article ends with "we want your true reflection." I love this!

5.  Happy Halloween from surly peacock kitty! I spent some time this week trying to get my cats into a Halloween costume.  Sadly, it was a bit of an adventure.  I did finally get Perry into the costume but he wouldn't sit still for long enough for a good photo.  Here is what I managed to get.






No comments:

Post a Comment