Thursday, October 23, 2014

Shoes and Medals

I hope everyone's week is going well!  The rain has really put a damper on things for me.  The grey and the damp has made me feel really lackluster and like I have no energy :( I haven't worked out at all this week yet.  But that is changing today!

I also got some new running shoes a week or so ago and am planning to use them on today's run.  They're bright and cheery and it makes me happy to look at them.  They're another pair of Saucony Guides.


Here they are with the old ones.  The ones with the green laces are the new ones and I'm planning on wearing the old ones for my long runs until after Richmond and the new ones for my short runs.  I'll switch that up at some point in December or so. I do have a question about shoe rotation though.  Do you guys rotate between different models of shoe?  I had heard it was good to rotate shoes but I don't know if it does anything to rotate between 2 sets of Saucony Guides or whether I should branch out into another model of shoe entirely.  I'm a little scared to do that since these have worked so well. 

Another thing I got a couple weeks ago is the medals from the Nerd Herd virtual race trilogy.  Have I mentioned how much I loved these races? You can see my post about the first one I did.  I love the nerdy themes (Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Hunger Games this year), I love the transparency of their finances and the donations to the charity (Stupid Cancer, which provides support to cancer survivors who are young adults),  and I love the awesome bling!  There's a medal for each virtual race plus an extra for finishing all three.



The medals are really good quality and well designed.  The Star Wars one even glows in the dark.  You can get this awesome display plaque to hold the medals too.  The virtual races also helped motivate me on some training runs.

Here's to better weather on the weekend! Good luck to everyone running the Marine Corps Marathon this weekend.  Mike and I will be cheering you on from around mile 18. And let me know if you have any insight into the whole shoe rotation thing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment