Friday, December 12, 2014

Friday Five - favorite winter activities

It's time for the Friday Five link up with Courtney, Mar, and Cynthia.  This week has gone by super fast and I can't believe it's already Friday again.  That tends to happen every week in December since there is just so much going on.  But I'm not complaining since it's mostly fun stuff!

This week's theme is favorite Winter activities.  I'll be honest and say I don't have that many.  I'm not a giant fan of Winter.  But here are some of the things that get me through.

1. Holiday Cards - I love holiday cards, especially the ones with photos of friends and families. I love hanging them up and being able to look at them throughout the year.  This year, I participated in a holiday exchange organized by Fairytales and Fitness.  I sent off my card earlier this week and I love the card I got from Jenny though this exchange :)



2. Indoor projects - Winter is a great time to finish up all those little projects around the house that need to get done.  This may not sound fun but hopefully they're things you enjoy doing but just didn't have time for in Summer.  And I love the feeling of accomplishment with getting things off my to do list.  I foresee lots of winter evenings finishing up some photo editing and some knitting.  And Mike just put up a medal display for me, which I love!  I have it up next to the medals I got from the Nerd Herd virtual races this year.  I don't have a lot of medals on there yet but I'm hoping for more to come next year. And the medals hanging there now are special because they're my first 10k, first 10 miler, and first half marathon.



3. Zoo lights - I love the zoo and Winter isn't a time of year you would usually think of visiting.  But I really enjoy zoo lights, which is a fun holiday event that the zoo here has in evenings.  And they have adult hot beverages, which makes the zoo even better!



4. New Year's Day race - Last year was the first year I did a New Year's Day 5k.  It was a cold but beautiful morning.  And I just really enjoyed it as a way to start the new year.  It seemed like a great way to get things started on the right foot.

5.  Vacation - I'm not going to lie, my favorite thing to do in Winter is to get away from it!  I love taking a break to somewhere warmer when possible.  A couple years ago we went to Belize in December with my family and that is probably still my favorite Winter activity :)


I hope that everyone has a great weekend, and if you have any activities that get you through the Winter, I'd love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment