Monday, July 6, 2015

Weekly Update


This is the first weekly update since I started this blog that I don't have any workouts to report.  But that is because I had hurt my foot last weekend while we were camping.  I rested my foot until Thursday when I went to the doctor since there was still some pain and I was still limping.  She indicated it was a sprained ankle and that I should be fine in 1-2 weeks.

This was actually good news since I was a little worried it could be a stress fracture.  I will take 1-2 weeks over 4-6 weeks anytime!  She recommended rest, ice and an ace bandage, all of which I did for the rest of the week.

I did probably take the diagnosis too much to heart and walked more than 10,000 steps on Thursday.  We also went to the zoo Friday and that involved a ton of steps.  We had more than 10,000 by 11am.  That probably wasn't the wisest idea so I went back to resting it more for the weekend.





The doctor also said that I could resume running once the pain was gone.  I am happy to report that the pain seems to mostly be gone (it's been more than a week since the injury) so I'm going to try running tomorrow as this week starts my training plan for the Wine and Dine half marathon in November.  I'll take it slow, and if it hurts, give the ankle a couple more days rest before trying again.

I hope all of you had a great 4th of July weekend!

Baby panda photo since she was being particularly adorable Friday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment