Monday, August 3, 2015

Wine and Dine Half Marathon training- week 4

I hope everyone had a great week! I had a really fun but busy week but I'm happy to report that training went really well also :)

Monday - rest day

Tuesday - Met up with the running group at the track.  It was too hot to do much speedwork at first but it cooled down while we were out there and I got in some good paces toward the end.



Wednesday - rest day

Thursday - we joined a gym so I had my orientation on Thursday and it included about 45 minutes of personal training so I got in some good work with the weights.  Then I hopped on the treadmill for about 35 minutes so I got in my running workout too.  I pressed the wrong button again so the data disappeared before I managed to get a photo :(

Friday - back to the gym for a great yoga class.  It was 75 minutes so there was a lot of stretching at the end, which felt great.  I was definitely sore from the strength training on Thursday.

Saturday - rest day plus lots of dancing at the wedding of an old friend in Columbus



Sunday - I woke up early so I could have a run at a park near my parents' house before flying back home.  The park as a great trail which is a paved loop of about 1/2 a mile plus off shoots which are dirt.  I really liked having the mix of surfaces. I started slow and managed negative splits.  It may actually be the first time!




No comments:

Post a Comment