So how did I do? Only ok. But I think part of that is just not choosing the right goals for the year. I tried to choose 5 fitness goals and that resulted in having some goals that I just didn't care enough about. I will definitely keep that in mind when I choose my 2017 goals.
1. 3 half marathons - Yes, 3 half marathons accomplished in 2016! It started with RnR DC, then RnR Vegas and last was Race 13.1 Baltimore.
2. Run a 5k without a walk break - I got close on this one but ended up deciding I didn't care about it that much. I got to the 2 mile mark running with no walk breaks. But I learned that I actually end up with slower average times without the walk breaks. So I've decided that the run/walk method works for me and will stick with it. Another issue was just that I haven't really done a lot of 5ks the second half of the year. I had my PR 5k in May and then there was one super hot 5k in the Summer.
Semper Fi 5k
3. Tracking all runs, including treadmill runs - Ugh... I did horribly on this one after March or so. This was another goal that it appears I just didn't care about that much.
4. New fitness activities - I didn't get this one done either :( And sadly, this was one I do care about. But the new classes just never seemed to take priority. I got really comfortable with my mix of running, budy pump and yoga, and just stuck with that. I do want to try to get more variety in my workouts next year.
5. Cooking - This was a 2 part goal in that I wanted to try a new recipe every month and put it on the blog. I've actually been pretty good about trying new recipes and cooking more at home, I just haven't been blogging about them. I'm still satisfied with this one because my main purpose was to cook mroe at home and that was accomplished!
Watermelon salsa I made for a party earlier in the year
So that's the result on my goals for 2016. It wasn't so successful but I feel like the main goals that I cared about the most were accomplished. And it was definitely a lesson learned about goal setting that I'll keep in mind for 2017!
Did you have any goals for 2016 and if so, how did it go?