Monday, January 25, 2016

Rock and Roll DC Half Marathon training - week 7

Well, I'm still working at home and haven't seen any plows in my neighborhood yet.  Still snowed in and the weather did affect my workouts last week.  But it's fine.  I'm just going to have to be flexible and shift around my runs a bit this week but it will be fine.  But here is what did happen last week.

Monday - Rest day

Tuesday - Rest day.  This was supposed to be a track day but the group canceled it's track run due to wold temperatures and wind alerts.  So we took this evening to get gas and groceries instead in preparation for the upcoming blizzard.  I'm glad we did as things weren't too crowded at this point but got crazy later in the week.

Wednesday - I thought about going to the gym for the treadmill but I was reading reports about horrible traffic due to the dusting of snow we were getting.  It took some people 2 hours to go 10 miles.  So I just went hard on the elliptical at home.


Thursday -  My one and only run of the week was on the treadmill at the gym.  But I will say I felt much stronger than I usually do on the treadmill.  I'm usually increasing walk breaks by the end but this time I was decreasing walk breaks and increasing speed at the end.  It was a different style of machine than I usually use so I might try for this one in the future.


Friday - This is the day the snow started.  I worked from home and a friend came over so we had fun doing a cardio dance workout together.  And it really got the heart rate up.  I love when workouts are a lot of fun as well.

Saturday and Sunday - Well, my workouts were limited to shoveling these 2 days.  About 30 minutes on Saturday and around 45 minutes on Sunday.  And a bit more shoveling left for today.  But I didn't do any other workouts since I was sore from the shoveling.  I still feel it a bit in my shoulders, back and thighs (I tried to remember to lift with my legs).


So that's it for my week.  This week, the plan is for some yoga today to ease my muscles, running Tuesday (track is already cancelled since schools are closed but I'm hoping to get to the gym), Wednesday is a rest day since I'm supposed to fly to Toronto for work, Thursday running at the hotel gym in the morning, Friday rest day,  Saturday body pump and Sunday long run.

I hope everyone else's week went well and that you stayed warm if you're having Winter weather! Also, I'm linking up with HoHo Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for their Weekly Wrap.


 http://hohoruns.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment