Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Friday five - lifescape courses

I'm a little late but I'm joining in with Courtney, Mar, and Cynthia for the Friday Five.  Today's it the first Friday of the month so we're talking about fitness.

I wasn't sure what I was going to write about but this morning, I was working out at a hotel gym and experienced Life Fitness Life Courses for the first time.  This made working out inside a hotel gym much more fun!  So what is it?  It's a way to experience the scenery of various hikes around the world while you're working out on the treadmill, elliptical or bike.  I chose hikes in the Sierra Nevada Mountains.  Here are 5 fun things about the experience.

1.  Fun facts - there are little pop ups that tell you fun snippets about the area that you're hiking in.


2.  Variety - the elevation or resistance changes automatically to simulate the course that you've chosen.  You do get to choose a difficulty level at the beginning so it keeps that in mind with the resistance changes. And the scenery is varied as well.  There are some hikes that are wide, tourist type walks and there are some that are challenging, narrow, steep paths.


3.  Scenery - the scenery is gorgeous.  It kept me engaged during my 40 minutes on the elliptical.  At the end of each segment, there's a scenic moment where the camera pans and you get to see the full view, not just the trail.


4. Pace - the pace is definitely off though.  These are paces I've never run, not even on flat 5ks.  I was on the elliptical, so it's probably better on the treadmill.  I made sure to run by effort/hear beat not pace.  And I finished my work out based on total time instead of mileage.

5.  Choice - there were a lot of options to choose from spread out all over the world.  I plan to go back to the gym later this weekend and choose another option, maybe somewhere in Africa or Asia that I may never get to see in person.  And once y choose an area, your workout will consist of multiple hikes within that location.


I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment