Thursday, July 28, 2016

Running plans for the rest of 2016

So what's next?  I haven't been really training for anything since I completed the RnR DC half marathon in March.  And I've been enjoying the more unstructured time.  But I'm also beginning to get antsy to get back on a training plan.  Which is good, because I start training again in August!

So here's my current plan for the rest of the year.  This upcoming weekend, I have local Montgomery County Road Runners 8k I'm planning on doing.  Good news, it's free.  Bad news, it's know for hills, heat and humidity!  But I'm just treating it as a fun run with friends.

August, I'm planning on another MCRRC 8k.  It's one I did last year and really enjoyed the beautiful course.

September, I'm thinking of doing a 10k in DC but I'm not sure on that one yet.

October, the Army 10 miler.  I'm excited for this one as it will be the first time I'm doing this race.  I've heard great things about it with the only caution being that it's really crowded.

May not have started training for Vegas but already working on making matching shirts!

November is the Rock and Roll Vegas half!  This is going to be a girl's trip and I'm really excited about it.  Three of us are doing the half and one is doing the 10k.  Also, it is coincidentally the same weekend my parents are going to be in Vegas for my mom's birthday so they both signed up for the 5k.  I'm looking forward to cheering them on almost as much as I am to running the strip at night.

And December is my goal half marathon. It's an inaugural race, which I'm a little nervous about, but it's a company that's put on races in multiple cities before so fingers crossed.  It's Race 13.1 in Baltimore.  And it looks like it should be fairly flat which I'm happy about.

So those are my race plans for the rest of the year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment