Monday, October 3, 2016

Race 13.1 Baltimore Training Week 5

Well, week five of training did not go so well.  There wasn't any one giant thing but a bunch of little things that derailed the week.  Here are the details.

Monday - rest day

Tuesday- DDP Yoga - below the belt.  Lots of squats and warrior type poses as well as core work.

Wednesday- rest day - feeling really sinus-y and decided I needed a break.  I would have done otherwise if I knew what the rest of the week was going to be like.

Thursday - rest day - I was supposed to run at the gym after work but guess what, my car wouldn't start after work again!  Ugh.  I'm hoping they can figure out whatever is wrong with my car.  But I had to deal with that and waiting for the tow after work.

Friday - 40 minutes on the elliptical before work.


Saturday - strength training - 3 circuits of squats (with overhead presses), lunges (with bicep curls), crunches, glute bridges,clam shells, planks, push ups, calf raises, and tricep extensions.

Sunday - 3 mile run.  I was supposed to run 9 miles but I had sharp pain in my right knee.  I kept trying to keep going figuring maybe it would go away after I warmed up but it was still there after a mile.  I stopped my watch after a mile to walk a bit.  It felt better and so I tried to run again but the pain came right back.  I stopped the watch again and just finished up the rest of my neighborhood 3 mile circuit by running when I could and walking when I had to.  It only took me about 2 minutes longer than the route usually takes me but it hurt.  It was definitely worse on hills but everywhere around me has hills. With the Army 10 miler this weekend, I figured it would be better to just stop and try to ice/rest the knee.


And then to add insult to injury, excruciating back pain for some reason.  I'm not sure why.  It was still there this morning so I'm taking advil to help deal with it.  I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that things clear up and the 10 miler goes well on Sunday.  Given my pain and the fact that Mike had dental work on Friday, our whole weekend was essentially just resting on the couch and binge watching Luke Cage on Netflix.

I got in 2 strength training sessions, 1 elliptical session, and one 3 mile run.  Not the week I had hoped for but at least it's a new week.  I hope everyone else had a better week.  I'm linking up with HoHoRuns and MissSippiPiddlin for their Weekly Wrap.


 Weekly Wrap 51 Taste the Rainbow

No comments:

Post a Comment