Monday, January 23, 2017

RnR DC Training Week 3

Ugh.  Week 3 was a complete loss.  As in I didn't work out even once.  My stomach was not feeling well at all for the beginning of the week.  Maybe it was just because of all the rich food I ate over the weekend in NYC?  I'm not sure.  At least this was supposed to be a cut back week anyway so I just had a more extreme version!  But here's a brief synopsis of what I did end up doing during the week.

Thursday, we went to the Peace Ball at the new museum of African American History in DC.  It was a wonderful event and we had a great time.  There were some amazing speakers and some great performances.  Plus, it was nice to have an opportunity to dress up in our fancy clothes that otherwise just sit in the closet :)

 

Saturday, we woke up early and went to the Women's March in DC.  This was another incredible experience.  It was crazy how many people were there and how crowded it was but everyone peaceful, patient, friendly and positive.  It was a long day, we were on our feet from 9:30am to 2:30pm and then again from 3:30 to 5.

 

All of that to say that Sunday, my feet were in pain!  I tested my friends to let them know I wasn't going to make it to our 6 mile run. Instead, I spent the day icing my feet and resting.  The only time we left the house was to get groceries.  But I did manage to get in some progress done on a training course I'm working on for a volunteer assignment next month so there was some productivity!

Here's hoping this week goes better.  My stomach seems back to normal, I've lost the extra weight from vacation, and we should be good to go!

I'm linking up with HoHoRuns and MissSippiPiddlin for their Weekly Wrap.



 Weekly Wrap 51 Taste the Rainbow

No comments:

Post a Comment