Monday, February 6, 2017

RnR DC Training Weeks 4 and 5

It's been a couple weeks since I've posted in my blog or even since I've had a chance to read other blogs!  It's just been a really busy time at work.  And of course, I'm exhausted when I get home.  My career also happens to deal with immigration so there's been quite a bit of added stress around that the past couple weeks.

But moving on!  It is what it is.  I am happy to say the training is continuing.  I don't remember well enough to do a play by play but week 4 went well.  I got in my 3 runs and 2 strength training sessions that week.  2 of the 3 runs were even outside.  I got home early from work one day and was able to run outside (in a t-shirt and capris!) and then met up with friends over the weekend for a run on the C&O Canal towpath.

 
Running in a t-shirt in January!

Week 5 didn't go as smoothly.  It ended up just being 2 runs and 1 strength training session.  I ended up skipping my long run this past weekend because I was having serious sinus issues and felt like I could barely breathe on Sunday.

 
BWI airport protest in response to the Executive Order on immigration

But there was some fun stuff in there too!  Friday, a friend from out of town was visiting so we met up with her in the evening.  And Saturday came with another opportunity to dress up since Mike's company had their holiday party.  They always do it at the beginning of the year instead of December, which I appreciate.  It's nice to have it at a less busy time.  It was at the Portrait Gallery which is a beautiful building and some of the exhibits were even open so we got to have a look around.

So that's been my last 2 weeks.  I'm hoping I can get back to updating my blog and also catching up with other blogs so I can see how you're all doing!


No comments:

Post a Comment