Monday, March 6, 2017

RnR DC Half Marathon training week 9

I hope everyone had a good weekend!  It was a cold one here.  Here's the summary on my workout last week.

Monday - rest day

Tuesday - rest day because I got a flat tire on the way home from work.  It looks like there was a nail in the tire and the air must have been slowly leaking out of the tire all day.  I made it to the spot where I usually pick up Mike and he tried to change the tire but we couldn't get the bolts off.  We had to cal AAA and they sent someone to change the tire for us.  We were definitely thankful for the help!

Wednesday - strength training - FitBit introduced a new app called FitStar so I tried a new strength training workout from it.  I really enjoyed it and it was good variety.

 
I couldn't get it all in the photo... also included reverse crunches and butt kicks

Thursday - 40 minutes at the gym

 

Friday - rest day.  We met up with a friend to watch Hidden Figures in the evening.  It was a great movie and I'm really glad I got the chance to see it in the theater.

Saturday - strength training - another FitStar workout.  I chose the same workout as last time but they gave me different exercises this time so yay for variety!

 
Also included shadow boxing at the end

Sunday - Since it's the week before our half, we just did a 5 mile run.  It was the first sub-freezing run we've had this year but it wasn't too bad.  The wind was definitely less than Friday or Saturday so that was helpful.

 

So that was it for the week! I'm linking up with HoHoRuns and MissSippiPiddlin for their Weekly Wrap.


 Weekly Wrap 51 Taste the Rainbow

No comments:

Post a Comment