Monday, May 15, 2017

Weekly Review

I've been MIA for a bit but things have been a bit crazy at work.  And sadly, not much to report on the working out front.  I've gotten in a couple times at the gym and some strength training work outs but no real runs outside.  Allergies have been hitting me hard the past couple weeks for some reasons.  But here are some things I have been up to in the past couple weeks :)

I had plans with friends to go out dancing on the weekend.  But we're all old and tired and just didn't feel like making the effort.  So we moved on to Plan B which ended up being cheaper and more fun anyway!  We had people come over to our house, put on music, and danced in the basement. 

 

The Indigo Girls were performing with the National Symphony Orchestra Pops and we've had tickets for a while.  I love the Indigo Girls and it was amazing to see them perform with the symphony backing them.  The music was beautiful and it was a nice little evening out.  It helped that it was perfect weather and we got to enjoy the sunset from the Kennedy Center patio.

It was rainy this weekend and my allergies seemed to get worse every time I stepped outside.  So I made plans to meet with a friend at her local Y, which had an indoor track.  It's smaller than a standard track but it still worked well for some speed work.  I had forgotten how much I enjoyed speed work!  I've got to get back to it.

 

Poor Perry.  He has to put up with me taking awkward photos of him and now he seems to be a bit sick.  He didn't eat this morning and that's very unusual for him.  So he's going to have to deal with a trip to the vet just to be on the safe side.

I just got an email yesterday that Race 13.1 is doing their Baltimore race in December again!  I really enjoyed this one last year and am thinking about signing up for this one again this year.  

This week is more work stuff with traveling for a conference Wednesday through Friday.  And my parents will be visiting town over the weekend, so it will be nice to see them.

Hope everyone has had a great couple weeks!  I'm looking forward to using some travel time to catch up on reading blogs :)  I'm linking up with HoHoRuns and MissSippiPiddlin for their Weekly Wrap.


 Weekly Wrap 51 Taste the Rainbow

No comments:

Post a Comment