Sunday, June 18, 2017

Heart Rate Training Week 4

I hope everyone had a wonderful week!  It was a busy week here with a work conference to start the week and a fun sci-fi convention to end the week.  I managed to still get in 4 runs but the strength training suffered a bit again this week.  But here's the full summary.

Monday - rest day since my conference started early and went late-ish into the evening with a reception

Tuesday - rest day with another full day at the conference.

Wednesday - rest day since I was so exhausted from the conference.

Thursday - interval run at the gym after work, 5 minute warm up, 3 x (7 minutes at tempo speed, 3 minutes at 10k speed, 3 minutes recover.  Both the tempo speed and 10k speed were in zone 4.

 

Friday - 30 minute easy run in zone 2 before work.  And after work, I went in to the city to check into our hotel for the local sci-fi convention.

 

Saturday - Since I was downtown, I took the opportunity to get up early and go down for a run on the mall.  It was really humid and my heart rate started out high.  I wasn't able to keep my heart rate in zone 2 easily so I went back to my 2 minute running/30 second walking intervals and just keep the feel easy.

 

It ended up being a really fun run and I took the time to enjoy my surroundings and take photos.


Sunday - This was another 30 minute easy run that I did at the gym at the hotel and I got in some strength training for core and upper body using the weights at the gym.

 

I also walked around a lot at the convention the rest of the weekend so got in tons of steps.  Here are some photos of fun things from the convention.

 

So that was the week!  This week should hopefully be a little less hectic.  Garmin's plan for this week was strange and it has three interval runs, one long run and no easy runs.  That seems a little weird so I'm changing it up a bit from their plan.  Here's my plan for this week.

Monday - rest day
Tuesday - easy run in the morning before going to the office
Wednesday - strength training
Thursday - interval run at the gym after work
Friday - easy run
Saturday - strength training
Sunday - long run

I hope everyone else had a great week too!  I'm linking up with HoHoRuns and MissSippiPiddlin (and guest host Run and Live Happy) for the Weekly Wrap.



No comments:

Post a Comment