Friday, July 7, 2017

Friday 5 - 2017 Goals update

This week has flown by but that makes sense since I only had two work days this week.  And now it's almost time for the weekend again!  Which also means it's time for the Friday Five 2.0 link up with Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness. Since we're halfway through the year I figured I'd take this time to see how my goals for the year have progressed.


1. Train for a marathon - This one is on track.  I registered for the Disney World marathon and I've chosen a training plan which starts in September.  I've also managed to convince one of my running friends to do this as her first full marathon too!  Yay for company on this journey :)  I've been spending the Summer working on building up my base and increasing to 4 runs per week instead of 3.

2. Two new types of workouts - Well, I still need to get moving on this one.  I have started heart rate training this year, which is something new, but I do really need to get out of my comfort zone and try a completely new type of workout.


 
I've enjoyed new things I've tried in the past, like aerial yoga

3.  Try a challenge race - This one is on track too!  I have registered for the Infinity Gauntlet Challenge at Disneyland in November.  This will be a 10k Saturday morning followed by a half marathon Sunday morning.

4.  Read more non-fiction (6 books):  On track for this too.  I've read Born to Run by Christopher McDougall, Unfamiliar Fishes by Sarah Vowell (an interesting look at Hawaiian history), and Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly (was inspired to read the book after seeing the movie).

5.  Be more fiscally responsible:  We're working on this.  We've definitely been better this year than last year and have started up monthly finance meetings where we can review our savings and spending for the past month and things to change moving forward.


So that's how things are moving with the goals for the year.  I'm pretty happy with my mid-year progress but I've definitely got to remember to try some new workouts before marathon training starts in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment