Monday, December 11, 2017

WDW Marathon Training - week 14

Well, this week didn't go as planned either.  I caught a cold and started feeling bad from Tuesday on.  I stayed home from work the rest of the week (we had Friday off for a holiday thing anyway) and tried to rest and get better.  I was able to run over the weekend but they did not go well.  Anyway, here's the summary.

Monday - rest day with recovery yoga

Tuesday to Friday - rest days due to being sick

I did at least use this time at home to get some Christmas shopping done.  It helps that pretty much all my Christmas shopping is done online so I don't have to leave the house and risk getting other people sick.  I did get in the Momentum Jewelry Box I got as a gift for my running partner, and the extra one I got for myself :)


Saturday - I knew it was going to snow and I was still getting over my cold but I wanted to try to get in a run before the snow hit.  I went out for an easy 60 minute run.  It was super slow and felt anything but easy.  I had a really hard time breathing but at least I got out there.  The snow started about halfway through the run but I got home before it started sticking.


We spent the rest of the day inside in the warmth watching Star Wars.  We have to prepare for seeing the new movie on Friday!

 
Perry enjoyed watching Star Wars with us too

Sunday - Thankfully it was a cut back week but I was still supposed to do 12 miles.  I decided to head to the gym since it was snowy and a bit icy out and I didn't want to risk falling again.  Given my luck the past couple weeks, better safe than sorry.

 
The street was fine but the sidewalks were a bit iffy in places

But I really struggled, even at the gym.  I had to use my inhaler, and I haven't had to use it for a long time.  The lingering cold just made it difficult for me to get my breathing under control.  I did part of it on the elliptical and part of it on the treadmill.  I'd say it was the equivalent of about 9 miles.


So that was it for my week.  It certainly did not go the way I wanted it to but fingers crossed that this week will be better.  I'm determined to get all my short runs in before the big 20 miler this weekend.  I hope that last week wasn't too much of a setback and the 20 miles will go ok.  I did 18 miles the week before so I think it should be fine.

Here's Coach Laura's plan for this upcoming week.

Monday - rest day with some recovery yoga
Tuesday - Speed work at the track (
15 minutes easy running, 4 x 5 minutes hard, 2 minutes easy, 15 minutes cool down)
Wednesday - Strength training
Thursday - 60-70 minute easy run
Friday - Strength training
Saturday - 60 minute easy run
Sunday - 20 mile long run (longest training run!)

I'm linking up with with HoHoRuns and MissSippiPiddlin for the Weekly Wrap.


https://hohoruns.blogspot.com/p/weekly-wrap.html

No comments:

Post a Comment