Monday, March 26, 2018

Weekly Review

Well, I'm not currently training for anything because of the tendinitis but I thought I'd still talk about what I've been doing the past couple weeks :)

First, I've decided that my April half will be transferred to doing the 8k instead.  I don't want to have to ramp up too quickly and then risk injury again.  So I'm going to take my time running and getting back into a routine and gradually increasing my miles.  It's a bit of a relief to not have the half looming over me when I feel so unprepared.  And hopefully this will allow me to be healthy for my Fall races.

We had snow last Wednesday so I actually ended up working from home most of the week.  I'm really thankful I have the opportunity to telework.  It helped out with my foot too since it's a bit complicated trying to put a shoe over my ankle brace.  I'm back in the office today but just wearing sandals since that was the easiest thing to get over the brace.  I'm also wearing socks since it's cold out.  It's definitely not an attractive look but it works.



We've had a several fun concerts this week.  We went to see a Weird Al concert on Tuesday and we saw an interesting concert on Saturday.  The band is called Red Baarat and there sort of a mix of jazz, funk, and Indian folk music.  It was a lot of fun and it was a venue we hadn't been to before in DC.  I really liked the venue as well as the band.



Saturday we also went to a local rally before the March for our Lives.  I decided not to go to the march itself given my foot but we volunteered to do voter registration in the morning and had a lot of fun with that.  I also wrote some get out the vote post cards while watching the march on tv in the afternoon.



I've somehow managed to lose my wedding ring.  I don't even know how or where so I've been calling a lot of places to check their lost and founds but nothing yet.  I'm going to continue to look but I may need to replace it instead.  But I did spend a lot of time this weekend looking around the house and emptying various bags.

We're going to a local sci fi convention March 30th so we spent some time getting our outfits together and packing yesterday.  I'm pretty happy with how the outfits came together and am really looking forward to the weekend :)

Lastly, there was lots of time spent cuddling with my cats!  Always a fun addition to the day :)


Perry looks unhappy hear but I promise he likes the cuddling!  This look only came out when I stopped petting him to take a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment