Friday, April 27, 2018

Friday Five - Entertainment

 It's Friday!  For some reason this week has seemed very long and it seemed like the days were crawling by.  But it's almost time for the weekend.  And that means it's also time for the Friday Five link up hosted by Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness.  I realize that the last Friday Five I linked up I also talked about entertainment but I'm going to do it again :)  Here are 5 things that I'm really enjoying or looking forward to at the moment.

Friday Five Linkup 2.0

1. Janelle Monae - I love the article with her that came out in Rolling Stone earlier this week.  She's coming out with a new album that I'm looking forward to and she just released tour dates and she's coming to DC in July!  We're going to try to get tickets so fingers crossed they don't sell out too quickly.

2. New song "Don't Stop" by Hael - I was watching tv and there was a great song on a DSW commercial.  I had never heard the song before but I loved the snippet on the commercial so I had to look it up.  It's great and I'm looking forward to checking out more songs by this artist.



3.  Prince concert - I have always loved Prince and his music.  It really hit me hard when he passed away.  But a friend and I saw that one of the outdoor concert venues around here is doing a Prince tribute.  It's curated by Quest Love, billed as a "symphonic celebration" of Prince, and should be amazing!  It's not until September but that's something else I'm really looking forward to.  It's a beautiful venue, and fingers crossed it will be a nice day for an outdoor concert. 

 
Our last concert at Wolf Trap was Weird Al

4. Avenger's Infinity War - We have tickets for tonight!  I'm really looking forward to it and I just have to make sure to stay spoiler free for the rest of the day.

5. Reading - I've been making progress on my goal of continuing to read non-fiction books this year.  I just finished "The Lion in the Living Room" and it was really interesting.  The subtitle is "How House Cats Tamed Us and Took Over the World."  And that's pretty much what it talked about.  I love cats but I didn't quite realize how murderous they are!  Apparently they're responsible for the extinction of several other species. Thankfully Perry and Shelby stay inside so I know they're not out there indulging in a lot of killing.

Image result for The Lion in the Living Room

So those are some of the things I've been looking forward to lately. I'd love to hear of any new music you've been enjoying or recommendations for books to read.  And of course, I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment