Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Weekly Review

For those of you that follow me on Instagram, you've seen that I was in Ohio for my brother's wedding last week.  It was a great time but definitely tiring!  I didn't get much done as far as working out but I got in a little bit.  I managed a 20 minute walk at the airport, did yoga 2 days, and some dancing :)

I did take off the ankle brace on Friday and the foot seems ok, so fingers crossed!  I'm going to try to ease into things with strength training and the elliptical and if things continue to seem ok, I'll try an easy run on Friday.  And I'm looking forward to the nice weather we're supposed to have later this week!  But for now, here's the breakdown on last week.

Monday - rest day and recovering from Awesome Con

Tuesday - rest day and packing for Ohio since I left it until the last minute

Wednesday - Waking up bright and early for a 7am flight to Columbus.  I did get in a 20 minute walk around the airport terminals while I was waiting for my flight.  Once I got to Ohio, my mom and I got mani/pedis and then I helped out with decorating their house for a religious ceremony they were having there on Friday.

Selfies while waiting at the airport

Thursday - This is the day all the family started coming in to town!  We had people visiting from Atlanta, Pittsburgh, New Jersey and India. So we coordinated airport pick ups and hanging out with people at the hotel.  Then in the afternoon I met my brother and his fiancee so we could get our henna done for the wedding.



Friday - We had a religious ceremony at the house in the morning, followed by lunch.  There was a little time for a rest and then back to getting ready for the evening festivities.  There was some Indian folk dancing and again, my foot seemed to hold up pretty well!




Saturday - This was the actual wedding day!  Sadly, we started out the day with the hotel fire alarm going off bright and early and we walked down 9 flights of stairs to find out it was a false alarm.  At least we were able to take the elevator back up to the room.  By that time, it was time to get up for the day anyway so we got ready and had a nice brunch with my brother and his fiancee.  After that, we met up with other family members to hang out and also ran some errands for the wedding ceremony.  We had a great time at the ceremony and it was wonderful to celebrate with everyone.



Sunday - And this was the day that everyone was leaving.  Our flight didn't leave until 5:30 in the afternoon so we were able to see most people off.  Sadly, our flight was late and it was later than anticipated by the time we got home.  I was exhausted but overall, it was a really fun weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment