Friday, May 11, 2018

Friday Five - Physical Therapy

It's Friday!  I had some heel pain throughout the week but I was able to sue the elliptical without pain yesterday so fingers crossed it's gone.  Just in time for tomorrow's 5k.  But first, it's time for the Friday Five link up hosted by Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness. I'm going to take the opportunity to talk about my physical therapy appointment last week.

Friday Five Linkup 2.0







1. So far I've had two appointments with the Physical Therapist and one with her assistant.  They seem to be really helping.


2.  The PT said last week that my calf and knee seem much better.  And I agree, they do both feel a lot better.  She said there was still a trigger point in my calf but it's still an improvement.

3.  However, my achilles is still super tight.  I think part of that is because I couldn't do the achilles manipulation she had recommended while I was in the ankle brace.  And to be honest, the achilles manipulation really hurts and I'm even concerned it may have been partially what led to the peroneal tendinitis. 

http://www.handandortho.com/assets/img/Dry%20needling%20infographic.jpg 
Infographic from www.handandortho.com/

4.  The PT recommended Dry Needling if the achilles and trigger point in the calf aren't better by next time.  I know a lot of people have commented that dry needling has helped them out so I was happy to hear her say that.

5.  She did do some achilles manipulation while I was there and it hurt while she was doing it, but really increased the range of motion in my ankle.  I had gotten so used to it that I had no idea how much my range of motion had decreased in that ankle!

So that's the summary of my physical therapy so far.  It's been helping and I'm hopeful that it will help things continue to get better.







No comments:

Post a Comment