Monday, October 15, 2018

Baltimore Running Festival Training Week 9

Last week was a super busy week!  We had a work conference for a couple days and that I also had a presentation I had to give toward the end of the week.  Plus some fun stuff with friends too :)  Thankfully I was able to get in 3 runs and two strength training sessions.  Here are the details.

Monday - Body pump video at home

Tuesday - Planned rest day - this was the start of our work conference so early meetings and dinner meetings made it a good day for a rest day.  I did get in a lot of walking as we were showing the attendees around some of the attractions downtown.


Wednesday - 3 easy miles after work


Thursday - Unplanned rest day.  I had meant to get in a run but I was exhausted after all the work stuff so I had a nap instead :)  Then I met up with an old friend I hadn't seen in a while for dinner at a vegan restaurant by her house.

Pumpkin pasta, filo roll stuffed with roasted veggies, and a peanut butter "cheesecake"

Friday - Jillian Michael's 30 day shred video at home

Saturday - 4 mile run, with 3 miles at half marathon pace.  We also saw a Star is Born in the evening.  I really enjoyed the movie.  I hadn't seen the original so I wasn't quite prepared for how sad it was though.  The soundtrack is great!


Sunday - 5 easy miles with a friend


Plus a childhood friend was visiting DC with her family so we met up with them for dinner at a sushi place (with lots of vegan options) in the city.  It was great being able to catch up and get to know her kids a bit.


So that was last week.  This week's going to be a bit crazy too as I have a work trip to Seattle.  Plus, it's race week!  Here's the plan for this week.

Monday - 3 easy miles on the treadmill after work
Tuesday - 2 easy miles in the morning and traveling to Seattle in the afternoon
Wednesday - rest day
Thursday - 1.25 miles plus strength training
Friday - flying to Baltimore plus the expo
Saturday - Baltimore Running Festival half marathon!
Sunday - Recovery walking around the Renaissance Fair

I'm linking up with with HoHoRuns and Taking the Long Way Home for the Weekly Wrap.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment