Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Community and Volunteering

One of the things that attracted me to blogging as a way to record my running journey is the sense of community I saw in many of the blogs I was reading.  It seemed like a good way to contribute to the community instead of just reading what other people put out there.  The blog lets me share information about myself as well and engage in a dialogue.

Another way I'm hoping to be able to give back to this community is through volunteering at races.  Part of the training program through the Montgomery County Road Runners Club is that participants have to volunteer for at least one race.  I'm hoping to volunteer with several of their races this year.

I've also signed up to volunteer at the Nike Women's Half Marathon in DC.  If anyone is interested in volunteering for that race, the link is here.  If you're running the race, I hope to see you there!  I'll be at the post race water station.

And just for fun, here are some gratuitous kitty photos :)

This is Shelby, our independent lady.
And this is Perry, our loving boy.

If anyone has experience volunteering at a race, I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment