Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Races planned for 2014


I've been reading a lot of race reviews and trying to plan out my 14 races in 2014.  I figured I better start getting some specifics down since it seems like races can fill up early.  So here is my current list, which is of course subject to change.

MCRRC = Montgomery County Road Runners Club

January 1 MCRRC New Year's Day 5k (review)
February 2 Penguin Pace 5k (review)
March80s Retro Run 5k  (review)
March 8 volunteering at the MCRRC Seneca Creek Trail Marathon (review)
March 30 MCRRC Piece of Cake 5k (review)
AprilBen's Run 5k (review)
April 27 volunteering at the Nike Women's Half Marathon (review)
May 3 MCRRC Capital For a Day 5k
May 10 Semper Fi 5k (review)
June 14 Lawyer's Have Heart 10k (this seemed appropriate since I'm a lawyer and have a heart :) It will be my first race with a greater distance than 5k) (review)
July 19 Rockville Twilight 8k (Review)
August 9 Glo Run 5k (Review)
September Dash into the 80s 5k (Review)
October Disney World Tower of Terror 10 miler (Review)
November 14 Richmond Half Marathon (Review)
November MCRRC Run Under the Lights 5k Hurt foot
December MCRRC Jingle Bell Jog Flu
December Pacer's Jingle All the Way 5k (Review)


View from my window yesterday.  Hopefully none of the races will look like this!

So that's 11 races listed plus 2 where I'll be volunteering.  I might have to throw in a couple virtual races in the middle of the year to make it to 14.  (I signed up for the Nerd Herd Running's virtual race series so that's 3 virtual races for the year.) Here's to a great year of running!

Any races you're particularly excited about this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment