Monday, January 13, 2014

Week in review

Running was a mixed bag this week.  It was super cold the beginning of the week so I pushed my running of toward the end of the week.  Monday was a rest day and Tuesday was a yoga class during my lunch hour.  Wednesday was a rest day again.


Thursday was going to be my first run of the week.  It was still cold so I was planning on running on the treadmill at the gym at work.  But all the treadmills were taken.  In fact, I got the last elliptical.  This has never happened in the last 7 months I've been running.  I guess it's because it's January and everyone has resolutions.  I might have to try to get out of the office a few minutes early if I'm going to use the treadmill in Januray.


You can see that it was a gloomy day on Friday and that there were still some snow obstacles in the way.  I'm glad I had started the blog because I really didn't want to go out running since it was in the 30s.  But then I knew had to admit it in this post, so thanks for keeping me accountable!  Sadly, the cold air really did a number on me.  I kept breaking out into coughing fits.  I was  able to run the first interval but wasn't able to fully run any of the rest.  I ended up walking most of it, though I did get myself together to run up the last hill before my house.  I only ended up running 1.7 miles and an average pace of around 17 minutes per mile.

Saturday I tried a new YouTube workout, barre3.  It was great!  The movements were all really small but  repeated so much that I definitely felt it the next day.


Sunday, I had a great run!  The temperature was in the 50s and that made things go much better.  I went running on a trail near my house and it was beautiful with enough people to not feel isolated but not busy at all.  I ran all the intervals I was supposed to run.  And the last one, which was supposed to be 4 minutes running and 2 minutes walking, I ran the whole 6 minutes.  It ended up being 2.5 miles with an average pace of 14 minutes 7 seconds per mile.  I really enjoyed my run today, which is great because I want to enjoy my training as well as the races.

The plan for this week is the first meeting of my running group on Tuesday, and running on my own Friday and Sunday.  I'm missing the Saturday run with the group since I'll be in Ohio visiting family.  Yoga on Wednesday and Thursday.  I hope everyone had a great weekend and a great week ahead! Any big plans for the week or fun from the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment