Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Interesting running articles

A friend of mine shared this article with me and I thought it was a great read for people who started running as adults.  Plus, it has fun little cartoons :) She calls it her "Ode to Adult Onset Runners."  I definitely agree with her section on these individuals being inspirations for others.  I don't know if I would have began running without hearing inspiring stories from others who came to running late and still managed to find a love for it.

Running with the falling leaves
He is not an Adult Onset Runner!

Here is another interesting story about running.  This one is about why the author runs long distances (more than marathons) told mostly through comics.  This one isn't as personally applicable since I don't think I ever intend to run such distances but it's very interesting to hear an this reasons for doing so.  And again, fun comics!

Lastly, blogger is giving me some difficulty :( Comment Luv has randomly disappeared for some reason.  I'm not sure what's going on but I'm hoping to figure it out this week as well as make some other adjustments.  We're expecting ice tonight so I'm glad I got a run in this evening and have strength training planned for tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I am one who found running as an adult! Been debating on using "comment luv" with the Blogger platform. Up till now has it been ok to use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so funny that you asked because I haven't been having any problems with it until now. I've loved having it. But just now again, it's disappeared! And the comments that were previously on this post through it have disappeared too. I'm doing some research and I think it might have something to do with the mobile template, so I'm going to try to disable that. In short, I've liked it but there's a risk of comments disappearing until I figure this out :(

      Delete