Friday, April 11, 2014

Friday Five Things Making Me Happy

Yay, it's finally Friday!  I've had a long week so I'm extra happy this week that the weekend is almost here.  And of course, that means it's time for another Friday Five link up with Mar, Cynthia, and Courtney.

To continue with the happy Spring feelings, I'm going to talk about 5 things making me happy right now.

1.  The Cherry Blossoms are finally in full bloom and we're going to head into DC to see them tomorrow.  We have plans to go down to the Tidal Basin to see the Cherry Blossoms and take some photos, dinner reservations at a restaurant I've been wanting to try, and tickets for the Wizards game.  This is the first season in a long time that they're going to make the play-offs so it's an exciting year for them.

2. Speaking of photos, I'm glad that Spring is here and I'll have more opportunities to get out and about to indulge in one of my other hobbies, photography.  Hopefully I'll be able to get to the zoo soon since they have several adorable baby animals right now and they're a great photography subject :)


Photo from my last trip to the botanical garden in DC

3. My first 10k is coming up in June and I just started an 8 week training plan from Hal Higdon yesterday.  I'm looking forward to the training for a new race distance.

4.  I just joined Twitter!  Yes, I know I'm a bit behind the times but I've been finding a wealth of great information on there.  My user name is @Chaita_1 on twitter.

5.  My second race volunteer experience is coming up at the end of April.  I'll be volunteering at the post race water station at the Nike Women's Half Marathon in DC.  Let me know if you're going to be racing that one :) Also, Stephanie from Cat Lady Runs is hosting a blogger brunch the day before the race.  The information is available on her site if anyone else wants to meet up.

No comments:

Post a Comment