Thursday, April 24, 2014

Liebster Award

Michelle at From Baby Blue to Running Shoes nominated me for a Liebster Award earlier in the week.  Here's a brief description of the award and the rules:


The Liebster Award is an online award by bloggers for bloggers. It helps to generate attention for new and upcoming bloggers, generally those with 200 followers or less.
The Liebster Award Rules
1.) You must link back to the person who nominated you
2.) You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3.) You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award (with a small following)
4.) You must create 10 questions for your nominees
5.) You must go to their blogs and notify the nominees



Thank you for the nomination, Michelle!  If any of you don't read Michelle's blog, definitely check it out. She has a great writing style and offers lots of inspiration :) So, here are my answers to her questions:

1. What was a defining moment in your life so far?  I'm going to cheat and give 2 for this one... Graduating law school because it was the culmination of so much hard work and because it's defined my professional life. The second is meeting my husband because that has defined my personal life in the best way possible and made me want to be a better person (cheesy!)

2. Who is your biggest inspiration?  There are so many people that have inspired me throughout my life but if I have to choose one, I'd say my mother. She defines strength for me in so many ways, even having grown up in a culture which often doesn't approve of strength in women.

3. What is one thing you are too scared to try?  There's a lot on this list too but I'm working on that :) Right now, I'd say a triathlon. My short legs and I have a hard time with bicycles.

4. What is a goal you are working towards right now?  The big goal I'm concentrating on this year, as I'm sure is obvious, is my running and getting up to a half marathon by the end of the year.

5. Do you have any phobias?  I don't think it rises to the level of a phobia but I'm not a fan of creepy crawlies.  No bugs, spiders or snakes for me!

6. Have you ever broken a bone?  Nope, knock on wood.

7. What is your favorite time of year and why?  Late Spring, early Summer.  I love the hot weather just beginning to settle in and the warm nights.  I love all the outdoors festivals that show up around here.  Plus, my birthday is in early June :) Fall is cool too but I hate that it feels like Winter is creeping up on you.


Interesting little art installation at a festival last year (Figment DC)

8. Who are 3 celebrities you would want to have dinner with and why?  James Franco because he seems like he'd be so much fun. Sandra Day O'Connor because she has been involved in so many defining moments in the law and I would love to hear about her experiences as the first woman on the supreme court. And Neil Gaiman because I love a lot of his books and would be interested in talking to him about the stories. (My husband just pointed out that this would be the weirdest dinner party ever, so maybe not all at one dinner.)

9. Do you have a nickname?  Just a shortened version of my name, Chaita.

10. What decision are you most proud of?
  The decision to take a different path in my career that resulted in a bit less pay but more home/life balance, less stress and more happiness. I'm glad I learned this lesson earlier rather than later.

Now, here are my nominations.  I tried to make sure they were individuals who hadn't been already nominated but I apologize if any are repeats.

Jennifer at Run Jenny Run
Stephanie at Cat Lady Runs
Stacey at Running Muffin
Lena at Lean Lena
Nevie at Writing, Reading, Running

1.  What inspires you to lead a fit lifestyle (however you interpret that)
2.  Why did you start blogging?
3. What is the biggest obstacle you've overcome?
4.  Favorite vacation spot?
5.  What is the one piece of gear or clothing that you would recommend a new runner purchase?
6. What was the last book you read and would recommend to others?
7. What is your preferred way to spend a weekend?
8. What is your favorite race you've run so far?
9. Puppies or kitties (or other)?
10. What is a dream race on your bucket list?

No comments:

Post a Comment