Monday, April 14, 2014

Weekly review

This week was only ok on the working out front.  I was babying my knee in the early part of the week so Monday was a rest day.  Tuesday I went on a 20 minute walk at work and Wednesday I went on a 20 minute walk with Mike in the evening.  Mike noticed that the sidewalks in our neighborhood our kind of slanted so I wonder if that's why it's more uncomfortable for me to run here?

Thursday, I ran on the treadmill after work.  For some reason, it was a horrible work out.  I felt like I had a hard time breathing and walked more than my planned 6/1 intervals :(

Friday, I went for another 20 minute walk in the morning.  Saturday morning I met up with some people from the running group at a local trail. The group had decided to continue meeting informally through the summer, which is great.  And I had a wonderful run!  I did buy a knee brace for my left leg and it really seemed to help, as did being on the trail instead of in my neighborhood and taking Claritin the night before.  We were on the Capital Crescent Trail in Bethesda and there's a neighborhood right off the trail that has cherry blossoms in bloom so we included a run in the neighborhood as part of our route.  It was a beautiful morning with perfect temperature, fun company, and great scenery.  As you can see below, I was able to keep the pace mostly consistent and I only had to take one walk break at around 25 minutes.


We also did a lot more walking on Saturday as we went downtown in the afternoon and visited the American History Museum. In addition to walking around the museum, we decided to walk to gallery place for dinner instead of taking the train as the metro looked so crowded.  My fitbit goal is 10,000 steps per day and I had more than 20,000 steps on Saturday.  I ended the week on Sunday with a strength training routine from Fitocracy.

So the week ended really well and I'm hoping to continue that momentum into this week.  I plan to do yoga on Monday, meet some people from the running group on Tuesday, run on Thursday, strength train on Friday, and run on Saturday.

I hope everyone had a good weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment