Friday, June 20, 2014

Friday Five more random things

This will be a quick post since we're heading off for a weekend of camping :) I'm linking up with Courtney, Mar and Cynthia again for the Friday Five. 


The theme for the week is beating the heat but I'm going off theme since this is the first summer I'm running in the heat and don't have a lot of tips of my own yet, just things I've gathered from the internet. So here's another random list of 5 things on my mind.

1.  Interesting Article from Competitor Magazine about training for recovery.

2. I forgot to post a photo of the medal I received from the Lawyer's Have Heart 10k!  Here's a photo of it along with the medal from the virtual Star Wars themed race I did earlier this year.


3.  I just read that wearing sunglasses can help you feel less hot. I'm not sure if it's true or not but I definitely feel like it is. It might just be in my head but any little bit helped on Wednesday when it was in the 90s during my run!

4. I've been practicing henna and here's a sample that I did the other day.  It's another fun little hobby of mine.


5.  Here's another interesting article about the health at every size philosophy (which I agree with) and the way it intersect with ideas of optimal running weight.

I hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment