Monday, June 2, 2014

Weekly review

I hope everyone had a good weekend.  This installment of my weekly review is going to be sadly short because there wasn't much working out. We flew back from Vegas on Monday and there was rain Tuesday evening, so I thought I'd do my run later in the week.  Well, I ended up being sick the later part of the week. It was sucky but I started feeling human again on Saturday.  I did some light strength training Saturday evening.

I was able to go for a run Sunday morning so it wasn't a complete waste of a week on the running front. I was a little worried about how it would go since I still had some breathing issues but I figured I'd take it easy and just go as far as I felt comfortable, even if it wasn't the full 5.5 miles that were planned.  I only made it 5 but I felt good and it was at a pace slightly faster than Vegas.


It was a beautiful day with lots of people on the running/bike path.  I surprisingly enjoyed the run in spite of getting over the sickness.  I even got in some photos of the scavenger hunt being run by Fairytales and Fitness.


I'm hoping this week goes a bit better with the working out.  I have a work conference Tuesday through Thursday so the middle of the week may be a bit of a wash.  The plan is to run on Monday and Thursday, strength training on Friday, running on Saturday and more strength training on Sunday. Saturday will be my last long run before the 10k (my first) on June 14th.  I'm planning for at least 5.5 miles so hopefully that should adequately prepare me for the 10k.

I hope you all have a great week!





No comments:

Post a Comment