Monday, October 20, 2014

Weekly Review

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine was fairly relaxing, and we have our kitchen back.  So a good portion of the weekend was spent putting things back in the kitchen, getting groceries to replenish, and cooking.  It felt great to cook again and eat at home instead of eating out all the time. My workouts were pretty good this week.

Monday - rest day

Tuesday - I knew it was supposed to rain Wednesday and Thursday so I went ahead and did my run the neighborhood and skipped the track workout on Wednesday.  It was getting dark so it was a short run.

Wednesday - DDP Yoga plus an extra abs video

Thursday - rest day

Friday - elliptical machine at home 

Saturday - rest day

Sunday - I was supposed to do 12 miles today and I did it but it was tough.  I met with the training group but I didn't want to keep them too long so I only did 10 miles with them.  It was tough on the return part of the run because the wind had picked up and was blowing in my face and it was cold this morning. I had to break out the long sleeved running shirt. There was also an uphill at mile 8 that really killed me.  Then I drove home and finished up the last 2 miles at home.  In retrospect, this was a silly idea.  By the time I got home, my muscles had all tightened up and I had cooled down.  Plus, I had some chafing under my arm, I guess because I had sweat in the shirt and then cooled down? Anyway, the important thing is I got it done! 13 is up on tap next week.


The good news about today's run is that it was a beautiful fall day in spite of the cold.  We were running on Beach Drive and it was beautiful.  There were a lot of people out biking, running, walking with dogs, and I even saw one woman out doing Tai Chi.


The plan for this week is to rest on Monday, yoga on Tuesday, running Wednesday, yoga on Thursday, running on Friday, rest on Saturday and 13 mile long run on Sunday!  Mike and I know a couple people running the Marine Corps Marathon so we're planning to go down and cheer from the Mall. (Oops, got my Saturday and Sunday confused.  Running on Saturday and spectating on Sunday.)  And here's a fun photo of Perry to end on.  He's been very cute and spending a lot of time on my lap earlier this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment