Friday, November 28, 2014

Friday Five Thanksgiving edition

It is the Friday after Thanksgiving and I'm enjoying a quiet morning after sleeping in a bit.  Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays and I love this opportunity to reflect on all the wonderful things I am lucky enough to have in my life. The Friday Five link up theme of gratitude is pefect for this week.  Thanks for the link up, Mar, Courtney and Cynthia!


So here are 5 things I'm grateful for.

1.  My husband - He is amazing.  He is the perfect match for me, always ready to support me, challenge me, and keep me laughing. I am thankful for the life we've created together.  



2.  Family - I have an amazing family. Their support is never in doubt and we always manage to have fun together.  I never dread Thanksgiving or other family holidays. I'm excited to be going to India with them next year and be able to spend more time with extended family too.  My dad did a 5k with me this year and I'm working on convincing my mom and brother to do one with us next year.



3.  My kitties. I never had pets growing up and never really understood the type of joy and love they could bring into your life.  I'm grateful for my cats teaching me about that.


4.  I'm grateful for all the wonderful friends in my life and especially that so many have discovered the joy in running around the same time that I did.  I love that I have company for most of the races that I do and that we can keep each other motivated and enjoying this journey. And this includes all of you!  I love that I have been able to meet an entire group of new virtual friends through this blog.


5.  And I'm thankful for my health and ability to run.  That's definitely been brough home after this bout with minor injury when I haven't been able to run.  Hopefully this is almost over and I'll be back to running again next week.

I hope that you've all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment