Monday, February 23, 2015

Weekly Review RnR DC - Week 10

I'm back from India!  I flew back to DC Saturday afternoon and it was an interesting experience since we landed in a snow storm.

Coming from this

To this was a bit of a shock!

The pilot was great and the landing was surprisingly smooth.  Unfortunately, they had a difficult time getting the bags to the terminal so that process took an extra couple hours. And it took Mike 4 hours to get to the airport when it should have taken an hour at the most. We ended up deciding to get a hotel room near the airport instead of dealing with the drive home during the storm.

I'll do a review of my trip later but here's a summary of my training while I was gone.  Sadly, I didn't get any long runs in but I did ok given how hectic the trip was.

The first week we stayed at a place that was similar to a country club so it had both an outdoor track and a gym.  I managed to get in a short track run, a gym session where I did 20 minutes each on the treadmill, elliptical and bike, and a Jillian Michael's yoga session in my room.

The second week was at a resort on the beach.  I got in two treadmill runs, swam laps in the pool one day, and got in another Jillian Michael's yoga work out.

Surprisingly, the pool was often empty so it was easy to swim laps in it.

Sunday was supposed to be back to my training group for a long run.  But they ended up cancelling it due to the weather.  And I probably wouldn't have been able to make it anyway since we had stayed at a hotel by the airport.  So it was another short run on the treadmill instead.


I hope everyone had a great couple weeks!  I'm looking forward to getting back to my routine and catching up with everyone's blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment