Friday, March 6, 2015

Friday Five - Winter Favorites

Hello everyone and happy Friday!  It's felt like a weird week with a work delay on Monday due to ice, a snow day Thursday, and another delayed opening today to give the county time to clean up the snow. I think we ended up getting around 8 inches yesterday. and Friday means it's time for another Friday Five link up with Courtney, Mar and Cynthia.  The theme this week is Favorites and I'm going to take this opportunity to (hopefully) say good bye to Winter by listing some of my favorite things about winter.


1. My running jacket - I love my running jacket.  It was a gift from Mike the Winter I started running.  It has a ton of pockets, it fits perfectly and it's just the right amount of warmth for running in Winter. And I love that it has a hood for pre and post runs. And it has thumb holes!



2. Less sweat - I hated those days in Summer when I was literally dripping sweat due to the humidity and lack of evaporation. That is one experience I'm happy to miss in the Winter during runs.

3. Hot tea - let's be honest, I drink tea in the summer as well.  But the feeling of a hot cup of tea after a cold run is divine.  And my husband is awesome enough to often have a cup waiting for me as I walk in the door.

4. Serenity - the peace and serenity of runs during snowy winter mornings is something that is beautiful. I cannot describe it but it can't be matched, even in the early mornings during the summer. It really is a wonderful way to stay in touch with the outdoors during the cold weather when I otherwise might be mostly inside.


5. And since I'm stretching for the last one (I prefer Summer but I'm trying to put a good face on this lingering Winter!), yummy baked goods.  There's something so comforting about eating freshly baked sweets when the weather is cold outside.  Mike made us chocolate peanut butter mug cakes yesterday and they were delicious.



So that is my send off ode to Winter.  Anything you guys are going to miss when the weather warms up?  

No comments:

Post a Comment