It's Friday and that means it's time to link up with Mar, Cynthia and Courtney for the Friday Five! The theme for the week is 5 things I've done this Summer. I'm going to expand the topic a bit to talk about 5 different workouts I've tried this year.
1. Running - not new of course but this is still my primary workout objective. I ran my 2nd half marathon in March with the Rock and Roll DC half. Since then, I've run two 10k's two 8k's, and several 5k's. And in July, I started training for my third half marathon. This is the first time I've trained for a half without a group. I've been continuing to enjoy running and hope that continues to be the case.
2. Aerial Yoga - I tried aerial yoga earlier this year with a coupon for 5 classes. I really enjoyed it, it was so much fun that it almost didn't feel like a workout! And it was extra fun because Mike and I did that one together. The one thing I didn't like about it was how early the classes filled up and therefore we had to book a class weeks in advance.
3. Pure Barre - Yikes, I just realized I never did a review of my Pure Barre classes. Long story short, I enjoyed some teachers more than others but really felt like the classes were a great workout. I could tell they were really working the places I wanted to concentrate on, hips, glutes and core. But I didn't keep up with it after the discounted classes because of the price. Just given the location and how often (or not) I would be able to go, it just wasn't going to work for me.
4. Body Pump - So my next move was to join a gym. I love the variety of classes this allows me to access. The class I've really been enjoying so far is Body Pump. I love being able to do the weight lifting in a class environment with direction. And the upbeat music and fun instructors definitely help. I feel like I'm learning a lot about weight lifting, which is something I have very little knowledge about otherwise.
5. Bang Power Fitness - I tried this class out a month ago and absolutely loved it! It was a high energy dance fitness class with constant movement. I really felt like it was all the best parts about clubbing without the hassle. I was having so much fun that again, it almost didn't feel like a work out. And I just learned that I have a friend that takes these classes at one of the locations for the gym I belong to. It's a bit further but so worth it. I see a field trip out to her neck of the woods in the future so I can take another one of these classes, this time with a friend.
And I've been continuing yoga as well, and enjoying exploring new yoga teachers at the gym. Anyone else try new workouts recently that you've enjoyed?