Friday, October 16, 2015

Friday 5 - things I'm looking forward to at WDW


Yay for Fridays!  And of course, that means it's time for the Friday Five link up with Cynthia, Mar and Courtney.  I haven't been able to participate in several weeks so I'm happy to be linking up with all these amazing bloggers again.


Now that I'm done with our last vacation, I'm already looking forward to our next one!  I'm not sure how this happened but we ended up with 2 Fall vacations in our plans this year.  And the weather has already started to get cool here, so I know that I'm going to be happy for some Florida warmth in November when we're at Disney World for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon. Here are some other things I'm looking forward to for that racecation.

1.  Running a 5k with my parents and Mike - That's right, we're all going to do the 5k and I'm excited about that.  Mike's been doing the beginning 5k training group with MCRRC in order to prepare.  My parents are going to walk the 5k.  I think the plan is for Mike and I to run from character to character and then my parents to join us in line when they get there.

2.  Trader Sam's - This bar hadn't opened the last time we were at Disney World.  We did go to Trader Sam's in Disney Land and really enjoyed it so we're looking forward to trying out the Florida version.  Though we're going to wait until after race day for this one so we can fully enjoy it.

Random Disney Land photo from a couple years ago

3.  Lazing around in the water - We're staying at a resort with multiple pools and a lazy river.  Plus we're planning time at one of the water parks the day after the race.  I'm really looking forward to taking advantage of the pools, lazy rivers, hot tubs and water slide.  Fingers crossed that the weather agrees with our plans.

4. Wine and Dine after party - one of the big pluses of this race is that it's a night time race that ends at Epcot and the park is open until the wee hours of the morning for people to experience some of the Food and Wine Festival offerings.  And of course throw in some rides and characters and you've got the makings of a great party.

Food and Wine Festival offerings from last year

5. Half marathon number 3!  And of course, I'm looking forward to the race itself.  This will be my third half marathon and second Disney race (the first was the Tower of Terror 10 miler last year). It will be the first time I'm doing a half the same day as a 5k so that should be interesting as well.

Showing off my medal after my first Disney race

Hope everyone is having a great Friday out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment