Friday, March 25, 2016

Friday Five - Spring activities

This week has flown by and I can't believe it's already Friday.  That means that it's time for the Friday Five link up with Cynthia, Courtney and Mar. It was cold earlier this week but yesterday was some gorgeous Spring weather and it looks like we'll have more of that this weekend too.  Inspired by the weather and a recent post from The Acquired Sass, I want to write about five things I hope to do more of this Spring.

1. Enjoy my patio - we have a beautiful little patio and we bought some comfortable patio furniture last Fall.  I definitely want to take advantage of that more this year and spend some time outside in the mornings with my coffee and maybe some afternoons with a good book.

2.  Firepit - We also have a fire pit that we didn't even get around to using last year.  Cool Spring evenings are the perfect time for hanging out with friends around the fire, hopefully with marshmallows.

 
The last time we used the fire pit

3. Photography - I've gotten lazy and too used to using my phone for photos.  I want to make sure to set aside some dedicated photography time to experiment again with the DSLR.

4.  Taking Perry outside - Perry has always seemed to want to explore the outside, while Shelby is content to enjoy the indoors.  So we recently got a harness and leash for Perry so that we can see if he really does want to spend some time outdoors.  We've only taken him out twice so far, and just into our backyard, but he seems to have enjoyed those excursions. 


5. Vacation!  Towards the end of Spring, we have a vacation planned for Iceland.  I'm really excited for that.  We have the basics planned so far (air and hotel) but I hope to work on planning out some more details this week.

So those are some of the things I want to work on this Spring.  I've definitely been inspired by the recent weather.  Any fun things you're looking forward to for Spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment