Monday, March 7, 2016

Rock and Roll DC Half Marathon training - week 13

I hope everyone had a good week last week!  It went pretty well for me.  I did a lot of resting and icing for my foot and I think that worked out well.  Here's the details on last week.

Monday - rest, foam rolling and icing

Tuesday - rest, foam rolling and icing

Wednesday - Body Pump and a short warm up on the elliptical since my foot was feeling better.  I hadn't been to body pump in a while and I was sore until Friday!


Thursday - I started out on the elliptical and my foot felt good after 15 minutes so I moved over and did the treadmill for another 20 minutes.  


Friday - rest, foam rolling and icing

Saturday - Yoga by Adriene.  I did the soothe and stretch routine since I was still feeling a bit sore.

Sunday - The Pacer's St. Patrick's Day 10k.  I'll do a full review later this week but the short version is that I absolutely loved this race!  It had high energy but didn't feel too crowded after the first half mile, it was a beautiful scenic course, and it was flat for the most part.


So I think I'm ready for RnR DC this week! Given how sore I was from body pump last week, no body pump for me this week.  I think I'm going to try for a run on Tuesday and Thursday with some yoga on Wednesday.  And then walking around the expo on Friday and race day on Saturday.

I'm linking up with HoHoRuns and MissSippiPiddlin for their Weekly Wrap.



 http://hohoruns.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment