Monday, October 10, 2016

Race 13.1 Baltimore Training Week 6

Well, last week was a mixed bag.  If you remember, I had hurt my back and cut my last long run short because of some knee pain.  The good news is the knee pain went away fast with some icing.  The bad news is that the back pain continues.  I think it's a strained muscle but it's definitely gotten better and the pain is manageable with advil.  And I was able to complete the Army 10 Miler so yay!  But here is a summary of last week.

Monday- Rest day

Tuesday - Yoga - I searched You Tube for yoga for back pain and I found that Yoga With Adrienne has one.  So I did 30 minutes of yoga and it really seemed to help.

Wednesday- Walk plus 1 mile run - I did a 10 minute walk in the evening and since I felt good, I tried a brief run.  I was happy to experience no knee pain and minimal back pain.


Thursday - 40 minutes on the elliptical - since the mini run Wednesday went well I decided to try the elliptical on Thursday.  It felt ok at the time but it did seem to exacerbate my back pain later.


Friday - Rest day

Saturday - Yoga for back pain again.  The back pain was bad again Saturday night so I was a little worried about the race on Sunday.

Sunday - Army 10 miler completed!  I took some tylenol before the race and afterwards and it seemed to hold the pain at bay.  I really enjoyed the race and should have my full review up later this week.


Even more good news, the race didn't seem to exacerbate the back pain.  It doesn't feel worse today at all.  I treated the race as a training run and ran my long run pace and it seems fine.  I hope everyone else had a good week.  I'm linking up with HoHoRuns and MissSippiPiddlin for their Weekly Wrap.

 Weekly Wrap 51 Taste the Rainbow

No comments:

Post a Comment