Friday, December 30, 2016

Friday Five - 2016 Goals

Well, it's the last Friday of the year!  That makes it a perfect time to link up with Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness for the Friday Five 2.0 to talk about my 2016 goals and how I did with them.

Friday Five Linkup 2.0

So how did I do?  Only ok.  But I think part of that is just not choosing the right goals for the year.  I tried to choose 5 fitness goals and that resulted in having some goals that I just didn't care enough about.  I will definitely keep that in mind when I choose my 2017 goals.

1.  3 half marathons - Yes, 3 half marathons accomplished in 2016!  It started with RnR DC, then RnR Vegas and last was Race 13.1 Baltimore.


RnR Vegas
2. Run a 5k without a walk break - I got close on this one but ended up deciding I didn't care about it that much.  I got to the 2 mile mark running with no walk breaks.  But I learned that I actually end up with slower average times without the walk breaks.  So I've decided that the run/walk method works for me and will stick with it.  Another issue was just that I haven't really done a lot of 5ks the second half of the year.  I had my PR 5k in May and then there was one super hot 5k in the Summer.
Semper Fi 5k
3. Tracking all runs, including treadmill runs - Ugh... I did horribly on this one after March or so.  This was another goal that it appears I just didn't care about that much.
 
4. New fitness activities - I didn't get this one done either :(  And sadly, this was one I do care about.  But the new classes just never seemed to take priority.  I got really comfortable with my mix of running, budy pump and yoga, and just stuck with that.  I do want to try to get more variety in my workouts next year.

5. Cooking - This was a 2 part goal in that I wanted to try a new recipe every month and put it on the blog.  I've actually been pretty good about trying new recipes and cooking more at home, I just haven't been blogging about them.  I'm still satisfied with this one because my main purpose was to cook mroe at home and that was accomplished! 
 
 
Watermelon salsa I made for a party earlier in the year
So that's the result on my goals for 2016.  It wasn't so successful but I feel like the main goals that I cared about the most were accomplished.  And it was definitely a lesson learned about goal setting that I'll keep in mind for 2017!

Did you have any goals for 2016 and if so, how did it go?





No comments:

Post a Comment