Monday, October 23, 2017

WDW Marathon Training - Week 7

I hope everyone had a great week!  Mine seemed to fly by last week but went well for the most part.  I felt pretty good after the half marathon the weekend before, though I did take an extra rest day to help with recovery.  I had planned to ass in that strength training somewhere else in the week but never actually got to it.  However, I think the extra rest was needed so I'm happy with how the week went.

Monday - rest day and traveling back to DC

Tuesday - rest day and recovery yoga instead of strength training

Wednesday - 45 minute easy run in the neighborhood.  I ran after work but didn't realize how quickly it got dark in the evening.  I'm going to need to use the headlamp in the evenings as well.

 

Thursday - Speed work at the gym - 15 minute warm up, 4 x 3 minutes running/2 minutes recovery, 10 minutes cool down.  I enjoyed this one and was pretty happy with how it went.

 

Friday - strength training


Saturday - 14 mile long run.  My longest run ever!  I did a 7 mile loop in my neighborhood, stopped back home to refill my water bottle and get rid of my jacket, and then did another 7 mile loop.


And I felt surprisingly good the rest of the day!  We had brunch afterward and that definitely helped :)

 
  Sunday - 60 minute easy run in the morning before we headed to the Renaissance Fair to meet up with some friends.  


I'm really happy with how good I felt on Sunday after the long run the day before and the 60 minutes Sunday.  I had no problem with the extra walking around the fair in the afternoon.  Also, the cooler weather in the morning really helped with being able to keep my heart rate in zone 2.


So that was my week.  I hope everyone else had a good week as well :)  Here's Coach Laura's plan for this upcoming week.

Monday - rest day with recovery yoga
Tuesday - 45 minute easy run
Wednesday - strength training
Thursday - 45 minutes to include 15 minute tempo run
Friday - strength training 
Saturday - 15 mile long run
Sunday - 60 minute easy run

I'm linking up with with HoHoRuns and MissSippiPiddlin for the Weekly Wrap.


https://hohoruns.blogspot.com/p/weekly-wrap.html

No comments:

Post a Comment