Friday, February 9, 2018

Friday Five - random things

This week seemed to drag by.  I'm not sure why but I'm glad that it's finally Friday.  I'm looking forward to the weekend and some time to recover and rest up from the week.  But before that, it's also time for the Friday Five link up hosted by Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness.

Friday Five Linkup 2.0

 I'm going to take this Friday 5 to talk about random things that are going on in my life this week :)

1.  Knee update - I'm back in training this week and my knee definitely made itself known after Wednesday's speed work.  Thankfully, I finally got a referral from my doctor to see a physical therapist and I have an appointment for Monday morning!  I'm hopeful that will help me get a grasp on this knee problem and some guidance on how to deal with it.

2.  More medical stuff - Sadly it wasn't all good news from the doctor this week.  I have really high cholesterol.  That's generally been the case and my "good cholesterol" is also really high.  But it's gotten to the point the doctor is pretty concerned and want's me to start statins.  But that's a class of medicine with a lot of side effects (including muscle pain) and I'm really hoping to avoid it.  I'm going to look into alternatives but I'm not sure what else it out there.  I'm already a vegetarian but I'm planning to cut down my cheese intake.

3.  Food - I have been really good this week about taking my breakfast and lunches to work.  I made a chickpea salad to put on an english muffin for lunch and it's so good!  I made it on Sunday and pre-packaged it into separate tupperware containers so it was easy to grab and go in the morning before work.  I think that's what made it so much easier to take lunch.  I'm going to have to keep up that model.  The chickpea salad was pretty easy, just mashed up chickpeas, diced peppers and shredded veggies with non-fat plan yogurt, dill, salt, and a bit of mustard.


4.  Free lunch - The one day I didn't take lunch to week this week was because we had a team lunch.  In fact, I think I've had lunch provided by work every Wednesday so far in 2018!  I'm sure that will stop soon but I've been enjoying it while it lasts.  I thought this week would be the last one but my boss just let us know that she's planning on ordering pizza in for our team meeting next week.  So at least one more week of free lunch :)

5.  Winter Olympics - We're planning to stay in tonight, make dinner, and watch the opening ceremonies for the Winter Olympics.  I'm pretty excited for the Olympics.  I love watching the ice skating events and the skiing events.  I'm not a huge follower of hockey any more though.

Perry is wondering why I stopped petting him to type- clearly he questions my priorities!

So that's it for me for now.  What's going on with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment