Monday, February 5, 2018

Weekly Review

I hope everyone had a good week!  It was a bit of a mixed bag here since the weekend was a little marred due to early allergy symptoms.  Not sure why they're starting now in January when they usually don't hit until March.  But here's how the week went.

Monday - Rest day

Tuesday - Rest day

Wednesday - I didn't get home in time for body pump but I did strength training at home with a random You Tube video.  The video was only ok, but I got a pretty good work out with lots of abs.

Thursday - 45 minutes on the elliptical.



Friday - Body pump with a 10 minute warm up on the elliptical.



Saturday - Cardio with So You Think You Can Dance workout video.  I forgot how much fun this one is!



We also went out Saturday night to have dinner out and catch a local play.



Sunday - Rest day.  This is the day the allergies were the worst.  I ended up getting some flonase and started it early.  I wouldn't need to use it usually until March but maybe the recent warm weather we had last week is the reason.  I checked my resting heart rate and it was up to 82 when it's usually in the low 70s.  So clearly something was up.


I did take some time to meal prep for the week and make a new dinner, sweet and sour cauliflower.  I'll be sharing the recipe later this week.

This week will be my first week back in training!  I'm glad I took the opportunity this past month to rest and try out different types of workouts.  But now, back to running.  Here's the plan for this week from Coach Laura.

Monday - rest
Tuesday - Body Pump
Wednesday - 3 miles easy
Thursday - Speed work
Friday - Body Pump
Saturday - 3 miles easy
Sunday - 6 miles

I'm linking up with with HoHoRuns and Taking the Long Way Home for the Weekly Wrap.



No comments:

Post a Comment