Monday, April 16, 2018

Weekly Review

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  We had a pretty quiet one which is pretty much what I needed.  It's nice when things work out that way.  I'm also happy to say I was able to go for a run and my foot did not swell up the next day!  I took things pretty slowly last week since I'm a bit gun shy about the tendinitis coming back and I scheduled in a rest day after every work out day but I think it worked out well.

Monday - rest day - much needed after the wedding weekend in Ohio and the late flight on Sunday

Tuesday - Strength training at home, squats, lunges, crunches, glute bridges, clamshells, planks

Wednesday - rest day

Thursday - 20 minute walk and strength training, same routine as Tuesday



Friday - rest day

Saturday - Short, easy run.  This was sooo ridiculously slow :(  But I did it and hopefully it will get better from here.  My foot that had tendinitis seemed fine but I was having some knee pain on the other side.  It may be that my gait is off from compensating due to the three weeks of wearing the ankle brace so hopefully that will go away.



Sunday - Yoga with Adrienne.  I felt really good after the yoga and I have to remember to keep that as part of my routine.  We also took advantage of the rainy day at home to get frames and put up a bunch of art that was just sitting around. Plus, now we know where we have some holes and can buy more art :)


I also slept really well on Saturday night.  I ended up getting more than 8 hours of sleep. The top photo below is my sleep Saturday night and the lower photo is my sleep from Friday night, which is more typical and results in somewhere between 6 and 7 hours of sleep.  I'm not sure what happened on Saturday that resulted in sleeping so well but I wish I could replicate it on a regular basis.


So that was my week.  Here's the plan for this week, still taking it slow since I don't have to start training for anything again for several months.

Monday - Body Pump after work
Tuesday - Short run in the evening
Wednesday - Elliptical
Thursday - Rest day - Flying out for a work trip
Friday - Elliptical at the hotel gym and flying back home in the evening
Saturday - Body Pump
Sunday - 3 mile run

I'm linking up with with HoHoRuns and Taking the Long Way Home (and guest host Teresa) for the Weekly Wrap.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment